If you need a new race ready every day aero wheelset and love the stealth look and pro-level performance, read on. Black Inc's carbon wheels exceed all expectations in quality, performance and style. The Thirty, Fifty, and Eighty series wheels are difficult to keep in stock. Black Inc isn't a large company, but they produce excellent products at a rate that ensures quality and reliability. The Sixty series wheels take full aim at the road race and middle distance triathlon market, with a 56mm rim depth and truly modern 30mm external width in a tubeless ready clincher design. The Black Sixty Rim Wheelset rolls easily, with inspiring speed and stability in corners as well as crosswinds. When run tubeless with 25-30mm tires you have the option option of moderate pressures that ensure the tire stays on the pavement, which reduces rolling resistance and ensures grip and feel that you can rely on.
The Black Sixty Rim Wheelset puts the rim profile exactly where most cyclists and triathletes feel comfortable in all-around situations. Black Inc's sponsored pro teams and riders love the Fifty series but wanted a little more speed and aero savings. Optimized from the start in the CFD engineering process, then proven on the road with pro riders, the Sixty offers the right balance due to the effective speed and sub 1500 gram set weight. The tubeless-clincher rim channel has been validated by several years of use in the Thirty and Fifty options. The proper tape and valves are supplied, as are the necessary carbon brake pads. Speaking of braking, the proprietary textured brake track provides an 8% braking performance increase in dry conditions and a 13% increase in wet conditions over the previous version, and has been carefully calibrated for the wider rim design.
The hubshells are precision machined from aluminum with an optimized hub flange geometry for balanced wheel stiffness and rider comfort from the straight pull spokes. Sapim provides the spokes for each wheel, with the legendary CX-Ray, lightly bladed, stainless steel spokes. Resilient at high tension, yet forgiving, these lightweight spokes tie the whole assembly together, and excel in every requirement. The front wheel is laced radial with 20 spokes, and the rear is 2x/2x with 24 spokes. The hubs are the quick release design and feature oversized alloy axles that ride on custom made CeramicSpeed bearings. Black Inc uses an interchangeable freehub system, making it convenient if you change drivetrains. The freehubs are also supplied with CeramicSpeed bearings for reduced friction and greater longevity when maintained properly.
- Deeper mid-section, Tubeless Ready carbon rim brake wheelset, optimal for road race, middle distance triathlon use
- 56mm UD carbon tubeless-clincher rim, shape formulated by CFD
- Proprietary textured brake track provides an 8% braking performance increase in dry conditions and a 13% increase in wet conditions
- Black Inc wheels extensively tested in real world, professional cycling environment
- Wide rim profile design, 21mm internal 30mm external widths
- Tubeless compatible, ideal for moderate pressure use with higher volume tires for sure handling, incredible stability in crosswinds, and reduced rolling resistance
- Machined alloy hubshells with oversized alloy axles
- Axles and freehub ride on custom CeramicSpeed bearings
- Optimized hub flange geometry for balanced wheel stiffness and rider comfort
- Sapim CX-Ray lightly bladed, double butted stainless steel spokes
- Front wheel has 20 spokes, laced radially, hidden nipples
- Rear wheel has 24 spokes, laced 2x/2x, hidden nipples
- Equipped for 100mm front and 130mm rear quick release use
- Artisanal handcrafted wheels, UCI approved
- Minimum recommended tire size: 700 x 25c
- Includes: Tubeless tape/valves, 70mm extenders, Carbon brake pads, Ti QR skewers
- Freehub: Shimano 11-speed
- Finish: UD Carbon w/subtle gray graphics
- Weight: 1495 grams (bare wheelset)